For sale is an Abel Supreme Fly Tying Vise. Most of the Abel vises were made of anodized aluminum. This one is made of solid brass and copper making it rare as well as heavier and a better vise to tie on. Abel's description from circa 2005:
• It’s a true rotary
• It has a built-in centerline gauge that lets you instantly align and put your hook dead center in the vise’s jaws. Utilizes stainless steel jaws that hold hook sizes #28 to 12/0.
•The jaws can hold a 3/0 saltwater hook so tightly it can be bent into a circle without the hook dislodging.
• It has no groove in the jaws to hold the hook. A groove can damage both the plating and the integrity of the hook.
• It has functional machined-in holes for drying stages. Move a toothpick from hole to hole as the fly dries.
• It features a brass base milled with shallow pockets to hold hooks, eyes, materials, and small tools.
• It comes with an easy-to-use bobbin holder
• There are four 1/2-inch rubber feet for stability
• You can take the Abel Supreme Vise with you. It comes in a compact, fully padded nylon case for storage or carrying.
This beautiful vise is no longer made as it was too expensive to produce.